This course introduces you to Microsoft Cognitive Services and takes you through a gradual journey of features through search, audio, computer vision and language processing services. Along with it’s capabilities, this course explains how to get started developing applications that take advantage of Microsoft Azure Cognitive Service offerings. Once you have clear understanding of all the offerings you can make better decisions on when and how to incorporate Cognitive Services into Enterprise server, desktop, mobile, web, IoT and extended reality (xR/VR/AR/MR) applications.
This course will introduce you how to all offerings of Azure Cognitive Services in many different environments, server, web, UWP Store and xR applications.
Introduction to Cognitive Services
Module 1 introduces Microsoft’s cloud based Artificial Intelligence service Cognitive Service offerings to the learner and discusses how the industry is adopting it. This module discusses all the features of Cognitive Services and demonstrates ways in which the industry has take advantage of it
• Refresher: What is Artificial Intelligence
• The AI Big Bucket
• Requirements of AI
• Cloud Computing
• Azure Cloud Offerings
• Intro to Cognitive Services
• What can we do with it?
• Search based services
• Audio and Speech based services
• Vision and Image based services
• Text/Language based services
• Generic machine learning based services
Search Based Services
Module 2 takes a look at an overview of the various search based services, their purpose, and how the industry uses these services today. This module also covers how to invoke these services from an ASP.Net MVC web application.
• What services are offered with Search Base Services?
• What are their purposes?
• Who uses these services in the industry?
• Step by step: Invoking the Search Services
Audio based services
Module 3 is all the audio based Cognitive Service offerings. This module discusses all the audio and speech based services provided, details their purpose, and shows step by step how to invoke translator services in an UWP application.
• What services are offered for Audio
• What services are offered for Speech
• What are their purposes?
• How are these services being utilized today?
• Step by step: Invoking audio based services.
Computer Vision/Image based services
Module 4 discusses the computer vision/image based services. In this module you will learn about all the computer vision and image based services Cognitive has to offer. In addition, this module discusses each service purpose, and examples how various entreprises and solutions utilize it. Lastly, step by step instructions are provided to show how easy it is to take advantage of these offerings in desktop applications.
• What is Computer Vision?
• What services are offered for Computer Vision?
• Other Image based services
• Examples of Image based services utilized today
• Step by Step: Invoking image based services
Text/Language based services
Module 5 discusses all the features for text and language based services. In this module you will learn about how natural language processing is used today, and how to invoke the Language based services.
• What are the text-based services?
• What is their purpose?
• What are the language-based services?
• What is natural language processing?
• Examples of text and language services
• Step by Step: invoking natural language services
Advanced Cognitive Services And What Next…
Module 6 discusses the remaining general machine learning services offerings and frameworks which the Cognitive Service engines use behind the scenes.
• So What other service offerings are left?
• How is the industry utilizing some of these services
• Other Microsoft AI Frameworks
• What’s Next?